The Route of NCKU Students─The Cultural Assets Area
Avenue of Engineering
｜Avenue of Engineering, Cheng Kung Campus｜
Tainan High School of Technology, under the Taiwan Governor’s Office (the predecessor of NCKU), was established in the Hou-Jia area in 1931. At that time, there were sports field and baseball court on both sides of the Engineering Avenue (today’s General Library and department buildings of Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering, and others.)
Today, this area is the focal point of green campus, and one of the oldest trees of the school - the rain tree, can be found here. Standing on both sides of the road are blackboard trees, lemon eucalyptus, persimmon, and mahogany trees. It also connects Ge-Chi Hall, NCKU Museum, with featured scenic spots like Yoyo Lake and Monmon Lake.