Folk Delicacy around Minor West Gate Area
Minor West Gate Circular Intersection
The remains of Tainan City Walls. The moving of the Minor West Gate to NCKU,
and the city reconstruction process during the rule of both the Japanese and
the Nationalist government.
Around the intersection of Fu-Qian Road and Xi-Men Road
In 1935, Xiao-Xi-Men, together with Da-Dong-Men (the Grand East Gate) and Da-Nan-Men (the Grand South Gate), was announced a historical site by the then Taiwan Governor's Office under the name "Tainan City." After the Second World War, Tainan City Government intended to widen Feng-Jia Road (today's Xi-Men Road, Section 1) to improve traffic, with the little west gate disqualified from the list of cultural assets, it was to be demolished. In 1969, with Yun-ping, Luo the NCKU President, and the assistance from the Dept. of Architecture, the Minor West Gate was moved to the Kuang-Fu Campus of NCKU in 1970 becomes the landmarks of NCKU.